We have a remarkable full-time opportunity for a Commercial Accountant to join our Finance team. This role is based at our Townsville branch. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is a key member of our Finance team and works collaboratively with our Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Officers to ensure compliance is achieved. Committed to accuracy and completeness in financial reporting, this role is responsible for the efficient running of the company accounts functions including balance sheets, ledgers, reporting, budgets, and forecasting and planning.
Here at Honeycombes, we recognise that our people are critical to our success.
With over 110 years of operational success, we offer our people a stable and rewarding career in a welcoming, family friendly workplace that supports a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to an attractive salary package, this challenging role offers ongoing learning and career development opportunities, and flexibility.
As a trusted and motivated member of the Finance team, you will have a positive hands-on attitude and keen eye for the details. You will be process-orientated and possess excellent time management skills.
To be successful in our role, you will need the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A tertiary degree in Accounting/Finance (CA or CPA qualified, working towards qualification or willingness to complete)
- Demonstrated experience in finance/management accounting
- Knowledge and experience in database and accounting computer application systems
- Exceptional analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail
- High level of integrity and motivation
- High level of accuracy in all output
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Current Driver Licence
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain accurate accounting records aligned with accepted practices
- Prepare all financial reports, monthly management accounts (including income statements and balance sheets) and reports for Government regulatory agencies
- Assist the CFO with cash flow forecasting, monthly forecasting and budgeting
- Contribute to the review of Finance Policy and Procedure reviews and documentation
- Assist the CFO with regular and ad hoc internal and external financial reporting priorities
- Support the continual improvement of finance functions and processes
- Support auditing and investigation processes
If you are interested in our role, please submit your resume and a cover letter through the link (Seek)
Recruitment for this role will commence immediately. Interviews may occur prior to the end of the advertising period.